Make use of your underground basement and transform it to a great looking facade of your home through bright finished basement ideas. With a whole lot of stuff going on in your basement: gas and water pipes, water heater systems, fuse boxes and more, it is quite difficult to initially picture it out as a more livable space. But with the right contractors who can provide you with finished basement design ideas that will fit your wants and needs, there is definitely a future for your basement.
Important Factors To Consider For Finishing A Basement
- Waterproofing. It’s better to be safe than sorry. Flood will eventually happen so it’s better that you keep your basement waterproof. Have sealants applied to avoid seepage through cracks and pipe penetrations or opt to have interior drainage installed as your contingency solution.
- Ceiling. An unfinished basement ceiling will always have a lot of wires, pipes and ducts to conceal to give your renovation a more appealing look. By doing so, the ceiling height will drop. Make sure that your contractor won’t simply box in the obstructions on separate ceiling parts because it will definitely appear like something is hidden in there.
- Natural Lighting. Make sure that your basement gets another exit to follow building code requirements. A window big enough to fit one person is good enough. Maximize the use of that natural light streaming through the opening.
- Height. In choosing from a bunch of small finished basement ideas that you have in mind, you need to consider if you will get enough headroom to maximize your use of the said room. Your contractor may be able to cut off the floor so as to allow for more space.
- Plumbing. In any case that you decide to include a bathroom or a sink in your basement finishing, make sure that you plan the plumbing aspect properly so as to avoid any leaks or seepages.
Basement Remodeling Ideas
If you have the resources to spend in transforming your dusty and gloomy basement, then think of the best way on how you can maximize using this extra space and get remodeling professionals to do the job for you. Some contractors can provide you with finished basement ideas pictures to help you choose the best renovation ideas for your home’s basement.
Smart Finishing Ideas For Your Basement
- Family or Playroom. Turn your basement into a room where the whole family can bond together.
- Bar or Lounge Area. Entertain your visitors and friends by turning your basement into a private pub.
- Game Room. Add a pool table or a dart board, some other gaming items, along with some professional touch-ups and your basement becomes a game room.
- Media Room. With its closed up space, a basement is a great place to be converted to a home theater.
- Home Office. The basement is great as a home office for you will get the quiet environment you need to concentrate with work.
- Laundry Room. Do your laundries conveniently in the basement and allow more space to your home upstairs.
- Utility Room. Create a workshop under your home and do all your tinkering in peace.
- Basement Apartment. Earn extra cash by converting your basement to an apartment for rent.
Start Finishing Your Basement Today
Many other finished basement pictures and ideas are available through the Internet. Get more inspiration and find the perfect basement finish. Contact professional remodeling contractors and have them renovate this untapped space in your house today!